A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their narrative writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their imaginative writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a narrative text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
Print, cut and laminate each component of the display. This display includes:
- a title banner (narrative writing and imaginative writing options)
- three example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out (and laminate) all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-3) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!