A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their narrative writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their imaginative writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a narrative text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
Print and cut each component of the display. This display includes:
- a title banner (narrative writing and imaginative writing options)
- three example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-3) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Create short imaginative and informative texts that show emerging use of appropriate text structure, sentence-level grammar, word choice, spelling, punctuation and appropriate multimodal elements, for example illustrations and diagrams
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!