A worksheet for students to practise ordering British coins.
Use this Maths worksheet to enable your students to practise identifying British coins and their values.
Students cut out the coins, then paste them in order of value.
Scaffolding and Extension Tips
In addition to individual student work time, use this worksheet as a:
- maths groups activity
- homework task
- whole-class review (via smartboard)
- summative assessment.
Got fast finishers? You could challenge more capable students by asking them to:
- write one fact about the appearance of each coin
- circle a group of coins, then find their total
- find the total amount of all coins on the worksheet.
Do you have some students who need extra support? Why not:
- provide them with coin manipulatives to assist with the identification of each coin
- provide them with a poster of British currency to refer to
- allow them to complete the activity in a small group with adult assistance.
More Great British Money Resources
Don’t stop there! We’ve got more interactive money activities to liven up your Maths lessons.
Explore British coins and their worth with this simple worksheet.
Individual educational posters depicting British currency.
Match money amounts made from various combinations of coins and notes with this set of 24 dominoes.