A 24 slide teaching presentation to use when introducing prefixes and suffixes.
The topics covered in this presentation include:
- What are Prefixes and Suffixes
- Prefix and Suffix Meanings
- Common Prefixes and Suffixes
- Matching-Up Prefixes and Suffixes to their root word and definition
- Identifying Prefixes and Suffixes in texts
- Using Prefixes and Suffixes when writing.
This PowerPoint includes links to the following resources:
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!