A cut and paste activity where students make a mini solar system book.
A Mini Book of Planets
Students will demonstrate their fine motor skills and create a mini notebook to help them remember the order of the planets.
- Print pages 1 and 2 back-to-back. Print the page of planets single sided. (Use the ‘Actual size’ printer setting for best results).
- Cut the mini book page in half along the solid cutting line.
- Fold along the fold lines to match the illustrations.
- Glue the matching letter pages together, joining the two halves with page ‘B’.
- Colour the sun and the planets.
- Cut out the sun and the label and stick them on the first page inside the mini-book.
- Stick the planets of the solar system in the correct order one to a page, including the back page of the mini-book.
To help students cut and paste the planets of the solar system in the correct order, display the following poster.
A poster showing the order of the planets in our Solar System.