A fun activity to use during the first week of school that encourages students to introduce themselves and to think about numbers.
Use this teaching resource during the first week of school to get to know your students and to assess their ability to write their own name and numbers 0-10. This first week of school activity is also ideal to use as a classroom display.
Use this template to create a concertina by following these simple steps:
- Select the school font required and choose from the selection of boy and girl designs.
- Read aloud each incomplete sentence. Explain how to complete each sentence.
- Ask your students to shade the face of the template to look like themselves. You might like to use craft materials.
- Cut along the dotted line.
- Fold along the bold lines to create a concertina.
- Display in the classroom by hanging with pegs along a length of a string.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
NSW Curriculum alignment
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Corrected the labels for school fonts.
Fix by Kristian Feb 12th, 2019
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!