A fun activity for students to display their understanding of the roles and responsibilities of Australia’s three levels of government.
After learning about the roles and responsibilities of Australia’s federal, state and local governments, students create a triarama to show six of the major roles and responsibilities for each of the three levels of Australian government.
To create the triarama, ask the students to:
- record six roles and responsibilities for each level of government on the blue (federal), orange (state), and local (green) circles
- colour in the title cut-out template ‘Australia’s Three Levels of Government’
- fold, cut and glue four sheets of square craft paper to create four ‘triaramas’
- join the four ‘triaramas’ together with glue to create one large triarama with four open sides
- cut and glue each of the cut-out templates onto each side of the triarama to create a title page side, federal government side, state government side and local government side
- use a straw to create an Australian flag, insert the flag through the centre of the triarama.
To assist students with this activity in the classroom, display the following posters:
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Australian Curriculum alignment
- Humanities and Social Sciences > HASS > Year 6 > Knowledge and Understanding > Civics and citizenship > ACHASSK144
The roles and responsibilities of Australiaâs three levels of governmentElaborationsclarifying the roles and responsibilities of the three levels of government (local, state/territory and federal...
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Today we finished our @teachstarter Three Levels of Government Trioramas! What a fantastic activity, highly recommend 😀 Next week we will be visiting our local council, and next term we are heading to Parliament House in Hobart! 🏛 #hassteacher #teachstarter #tassieteachers #tasmaniangovernment #australiangovernment #levelsofgovernment #aussieteachers #aussieteachertribe #teachingideas #teachersfollowteachers #teachersofinstagram #civicsandcitizenship
Today my students started their '3 Levels of Government trioramas' by @teachstarter. They were so engaged learning about the different levels of government and making their trioramas. . . . #teachersofinstagram #teachersfollowteachers #teacherlife #teacher #teachers #aussieteachers #aussieteachertribe #aussieteachersofinstagram #victeach #victeachers #teachvic #melbourneteachers #melbourneteachertribe #iteachfifth #grade5 #civicsandcitizenship #australiancurriculum #acara #victoriancurriculum #australiangovernment #teachstarter
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
A black and white version of this resource is now available.
Addition by Victoria (Teach Starter) 9th Oct, 2017
Error fixed on the map of Australia. South Australia is now labelled correctly.
Fix by Victoria (Teach Starter) 2nd Oct, 2017
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!