Create a bee-themed classroom with a decor bundle full of bulletin boards, student awards and more printable and digital bee decor for your hive!
Bring a Bee Classroom Theme to Your Hive
Do you want your classroom buzzing with activity this year? Bring a bee classroom theme to your hive with bee-themed printable letters for bulletin boards, student awards, birthday charts, PowerPoint templates for presentations and so much more!
With a focus on creating a thriving hive, a bee theme is perfect for promoting cooperation and teamwork in your classroom this school year, and it creates an opportunity for your students to learn about the importance of bees and develop a deeper connection with pollinators.
How to Set Up Your Bee Classroom Theme
The Teach Starter teacher team has packed this bundle with plenty of bee-utiful resources to get your decorating started off, but we didn’t stop there. Here are some fresh ideas to go along with your yellow and black colour scheme to help you complete the theme!
- Turn your classroom clock into a bee. — Add a bee body (this cute bee is printable!) below, and use black construction paper to add two antennae for a fun accent that’s right on theme.
- Create a classroom hive. — Use yellow pool noodles to build a simple beehive that you can hang on your wall. Add a black paper plate in the centre for the hole where the bees enter!
- Incorporate flowers along with your bees. — It’s tempting to go heavy on hives and cute little bumblebees, but a classroom bee theme offers you a great opportunity to explore how these insects exist within the larger ecosystem. You can explore why they’re important to the world at large and perhaps even add planting a bee-friend pollinator garden to your activities plan. Adding flowers to your classroom decor doesn’t just help you enhance your students’ understanding of the role bees play in our food supply. It can also help you break up the sea of yellow and black with some other colours.
- Build a ‘buzzing with kindness’ wall. — Create a spot where students can add yellow sticky notes with kind comments about their classmates. This is a great way to build a sense of community in the classroom and form good habits for your students.
Bee-Themed Bulletin Board Ideas for Your Classroom
There are plenty of ways to incorporate your bee theme into your bulletin board this school year. From focusing on kindness to reading, plus ways to incorporate these important insects into your student work walls, here are just a few of our favourite bee-themed bulletin board ideas to create with the new printable letters and cut-outs from your theme bundle!
- Always Bee Kind
- We Are Bzzzzzz-y Learning
- Ways to Bee Amazing
- Bee-lieve You Can Do Hard Things
- We’re Having an Un-bee-lievable Year
- Welcome to Our Hive
- Kind Words Are Sweet Like Honey
- [Class or Year Level] Is the Best Place to Bee
- We’re Happy to Bee Here
- Our Work Is Worth Buzzing About (Use this for a wow wall or other student work feature!)
- Bee-utiful Work
- We All Bee-long
- Buzzing With Success
- We’re Bee-coming Readers
- Bee the Reason Someone Else Smiles Today
Bring More Bees Into Your Classroom
There are plenty more ways to bring bees into focus this school year. Check out some of our favourite activities and templates to add to your teacher toolkit:
[resource:4634700] [resource:4967880] [resource:4897518]