A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their biography writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their biography writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a biographical text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
Print and cut each component of the display. This display includes:
- a title banner
- three example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-3) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts containing key information and supporting details for a widening range of audiences, demonstrating increasing control over text structures and language featuresElaborationsusing re...
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audienceElaborationsusing research from print and digital resources t...
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive texts, choosing and experimenting with text structures, language features, images and digital resources appropriate to purpose and audienceElaborationscreating informative texts for two ...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!