A template for creating a cactus and sombrero themed birthday display.
Use this template to create a fun and unique cactus and sombrero themed birthday board or birthday wall in your classroom.
The template includes:
- 12 cacti ‘months’ (two cacti per A4 page)
- Blank sombrero hat templates (six hats per A4 page)
- Blue and yellow “Happy Birthday” bunting flags (one flag per A4 page)
To use this teaching resource:
- Laminate the bunting flags, the cacti ‘months’ and the other cut out decorations before you create your birthday board.
- Provide each student with one blank sombrero hat on which they can write their name, write their birthday and decorate it as they wish.
- Attach the cacti, decorations and the birthday sombreros to the birthday board using blue tack or double-sided tape.
- When you take down your display the main templates can be reused for the next year (or passed on to another teacher who loved this birthday board idea!) and you can print more blank sombreros for your new student group.
Hints and Tips:
- Print the cacti ‘months’ and the sombreros at the same size to ensure correct proportions.
The bunting flags in this template print one flag per A4 page. This may be too large, depending on the size of your birthday board.
- To create a portrait-orientated Mexican themed birthday display try printing the bunting flags 4-6 pages per one A4 page.
- To create a landscape-orientated birthday board try printing your bunting flags 2-4 pages per one A4 page.