A poster outlining the main points and structure of a descriptive text.
Use this poster to guide your students through writing a piece of descriptive text.
The poster includes information on what should be in a piece of descriptive writing and an example piece of text.
* A descriptive text uses senses such as sight, touch and sound to give the reader a mental image of an object or event.
* Use descriptive language – be specific and use adjectives.
* Provide sensory details:
- Smells – aromas in the air
- Sounds – what would the reader be able to hear?
- Sights – What can you see – colours, shapes, sizes etc?
- Touch – What does the object feel like?
- Taste – describe its taste.