Consolidate students’ addition skills with this missing addends worksheet.
Make completing missing addend worksheets more fun with this activity!
This mental computation activity allows students to hone their skills in the following areas:
- using knowledge of commutativity to solve problems efficiently
- adding a one-digit number to a two-digit number (including crossing the tens boundary)
- adding multiples of 10 up to 100
- doubling to 20
- using number facts knowledge to make 10
- adding 10 to a two-digit number.
Students calculate the missing addends for each equation on a grid. They then cut and paste a puzzle piece with the matching answer onto the grid. The puzzle pieces form a mystery picture (in this case, a dog driving a car)!
This worksheet is one of three differentiated worksheets. (One star in the top right corner indicates the simplest level).
See the other worksheets here:[resource:4631196] [resource:4631898]