Get your students multiplying decimals by whole numbers with this engaging Bingo game.
A Multiplying Decimals Game for Upper Primary Students
Are you looking for a fun, collaborative maths game to give your students practice multiplying decimals by whole numbers? If so, Teach Starter’s multiplying decimals Bingo game may be just the resource you’re looking for!
With this engaging Bingo game, students are required to multiply decimals that include tenths and hundredths by whole numbers. Once they have calculated the product, they must see whether it exists on their Bingo grid. As they try and create a Bingo, students will get plenty of opportunities to practise using the multiplication algorithm for decimals and whole numbers.
This multiplying decimals game downloads as a black-and-white printable PDF and an editable Google Slides file. Download the editable file should you wish to make alternate versions of the game for your students.
How to Play This Multiplying Decimals Game
The multiplying decimals game is quick and easy to set up, and will keep your students engaged for the duration of their maths lesson on multiplying decimals! Simply follow the instructions below:
- Cut out the whole number cards and the decimal cards on the second page of the resource. Place these cards face down in two separate piles.
- Place a counter over the FREE square.
- Players take turns. Choose one whole number card and one decimal card from your card piles. Multiply the decimal by the whole number.
- See if the product appears in the Bingo grid. If it does, place a counter over the answer.
- Flip the two cards over and scramble the piles.
- The first player to form a row of five answers, either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally, is the winner!
Download to Start Multiplying Decimals
Click on the dropdown menu on the Download button to access your preferred version of this resource. If you select the Google Slides version, you will be prompted to make a copy to your personal drive.
Do not print this resource double-sided, as you will need to cut out the whole number and decimal cards contained on the second page of the resource.
More Time-Saving Decimals Resources
Here at Teach Starter, saving you time is our top priority! Click below to access more great decimals resources to use with your upper primary students!
[resource:5048191] [resource:5048969] [resource:5050509]