Use this perimeter anchor chart to teach students how to find the perimeter of shapes such as squares, rectangles, triangles, hexagons and parallelograms.
Find the Perimeter of Shapes with Our Perimeter Poster
Are your students struggling to grasp the concept of finding the perimeter of various 2D shapes? Look no further than Teach Starter’s Perimeter Poster! With this comprehensive and easy-to-understand teaching tool, you’ll be able to help your students understand how to find the perimeter of shapes in no time!
Our perimeter poster has been designed by our experienced teacher team to guide your students through the fundamentals of finding the perimeter of different shapes. It serves as a valuable resource in the classroom to facilitate learning and retention of these key perimeter processes.
The features of this Perimeter Poster include:
- A definition of perimeter (the distance around a 2D shape)
- Visuals of a square, rectangle, triangle, hexagon, parallelogram and a compound shape
- Perimeter formulas for each of the six shapes
This perimeter poster explaining how to find the perimeter of shapes downloads as a full-colour or black-and-white PDF. Why not display the colour version of the perimeter poster on your maths bulletin board, then provide the students with a copy of the black-and-white version to paste into their workbooks.
This poster is a must-have teaching resource when it comes to teaching your students about how to find the perimeter of shapes!
How Can This Perimeter Poster Help Students?
This teaching resource can help your students to master the skill of finding the perimeter of shapes in the following ways:
- Simplified Learning – Our anchor chart simplifies the often complex concept of finding perimeter. It breaks it down into manageable steps, making it easier for students to understand and remember.
- Visual Learning – The combination of clear visuals and concise explanations allows students to engage in visual learning, which is a powerful method for retention and comprehension.
- Easy Reference – Whether it’s during class, homework or studying for an assessment, the Perimeter Anchor Chart serves as a quick and reliable reference tool for students. They can independently reference it whenever they need help.
Download Our Perimeter Poster Now!
Use the download button above to access the colour or black-and-white PDF.
You may wish to enlarge this poster to enhance readability for display purposes.
More Resources on How to Find Perimeter
Teach Starter has more great resources to save you time when teaching the perimeter of shapes to your class. Click below for some more curriculum-aligned, teacher-created activities!
[resource:3037398] [resource:4875782] [resource:4843488]