A rocket template to use in the classroom.
Use our Rocket Template to try this fun rocket activity, exploring motion, force and energy. The National Simultaneous Storytime 2021 book is all about Space, so this is the perfect activity do do with kids after National Simultaneous Storytime for 2021.
- Rocket template
- Coloured pencils or pens
- Thick straws
- Thin straws
Rocket Template Procedure
- Colour the rocket template and cut it out.
- Cut a piece of thicker straw half the length of the rocket shape.
- Use tape to attach the thicker straw to the back of the rocket, and block the top of the straw with a blob of Blu-Tak.
- Put the thin straw inside the rocket straw.
- Blow into the straw and watch your rocket take off!
- Try variables like different directions, varied speeds, folding the rockets, indoor vs outdoor use.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!