A printable, roll-to-create activity where students draw and name a new world.
Have your students create worlds of their own by grabbing a die and rolling to create!
Using the included globe template, students follow the instructions to draw different elements on and around their globe.
- Roll the dice and match the number rolled with a row on the chart.
- See what type of ‘space stuff’ is on that row (in the ‘1st Roll’ column).
- Draw the ‘space stuff’ around the globe as a background.
- Roll again, match the number rolled to a row on the chart and see what type of sky you will use to add additional detail to the background.
- Continue to roll the dice and add features to your world. Use the images as a guide.
- Decorate your world with colour and patterns.
- Write the name of your new world on the base of the globe.
Choose to display the rolling results page on the interactive whiteboard for all students to see to save on printing.
This roll-to-create activity was created for Book Week 2021 – Old Worlds, New Worlds, Other Worlds.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!