Practise verb tense by changing sentences into past, present and future.
Using Past, Present, and Future Tense Sentences!
These worksheets are best used as independent practise as part of a verb tense lesson. With this verb tense activity, students will practise converting sentences into past, present, and future tenses.
This group of verb tense worksheets includes instructions, ten words for students to change the tense of, and one opportunity to write a sentence in past, present, or future tense.
There are three sheets included in the file download covering the following:
- Changing sentences from past tense to future tense
- Changing sentences from past tense to present tense
- Changing sentences from present tense to past tense
Primary writing lines are used in this resource to assist young writers with letter formation. An answer key is included with your download to make grading fast and easy!
Tips for Differentiation + Scaffolding
For struggling readers and writers, try the following differentiation ideas:
- Provide a verb tense or other reference materials for students to refer to during independent practice.
- Complete the activity in a 1:1 setting, or provide small-group instruction.
- Partner struggling readers with other students to assist in the reading component of the activity.
Easily Download & Print
Use the dropdown icon on the Download button to choose between the PDF or Google Slides version of this resource.
Because this resource includes an answer sheet, we recommend you print one copy of the entire file. Then, make photocopies of the blank worksheet for students to complete.
Turn this teaching resource into a sustainable activity by printing on cardstock and slipping it into a dry-erase sleeve. Students can record their answers with a whiteboard marker and then erase and reuse them.
Additionally, project the worksheet onto a screen and work through it as a class by having students record their answers in their notebooks.
This resource was created by Kiri, a Teach Starter Collaborator.