A randomiser widget that you can use in your classroom to generate a random student name.
This amazing interactive resource is all you need to generate a random name in your classroom!
If you’re tired of the old ‘pick a name out of a hat’ trick, then this name randomiser widget is the name picker resource for you.
How to Use the Random Name Selector
- Press the play button above.
- Click on the cog icon in the top right corner to customise your random name generator.
- Choose a pre-loaded list of names from your saved word list, or type each name in separated by a comma.
- Choose a theme for your name randomiser.
- Press ‘Spin’ and away you go!
Once you’ve generated a name, you have the option of removing that name from the randomiser widget before spinning again. This stops students’ names from being chosen more than once.
Random Name Generator Ideas
This name randomiser widget has so many uses in the classroom:
- Choosing names for classroom jobs.
- Picking names for prize-winning.
- Ordering students for presentations.
- Calling on students to answer questions.
- Randomising students to put in groups.
If you want even more fun ideas, make sure to read our blog 10 Terrific Uses for our Random Name Selector Widget.