A collection of number talks teaching resources that support meaningful and highly engaging conversations in the mathematics classroom.
Number talks are a daily maths activities that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about mathematics. Incorporating these short, ten-minute daily exercises into your classroom routine not only help students develop mental maths and flexible thinking about numbers and operations, but also provide opportunities for them to investigate and apply mathematical connections and relationships.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Number Talks – Three-Digit Addition Task Cards
- Number Talks – Multiplication Strategies Task Cards
- Number Talks – Multiplication Representation Task Cards
- Number Talks – Multiplication Facts Task Cards
- Number Talks – Fraction Task Cards
- Number Talks – Building Numbers Task Cards
- Number Talks – Sentence Starters Poster Pack
- Number Talks – Hand Signal Poster Pack
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Addition and subtraction
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in lower key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils become increasingly fluent with whole numbers and the four operations, including number facts and the concept of place value. This should ensure that pupils dev...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!