A collection of number talks teaching resources that support meaningful and highly engaging conversations in the mathematics classroom.
Number talks are a daily, math activity that allow students to have meaningful and highly engaging conversations about mathematics. Incorporating these short, ten-minute daily exercises into your classroom routine not only help students develop mental math and flexible thinking about numbers and operations, but also provide opportunities for them to investigate and apply mathematical connections and relationships.
This teaching resource pack supports number talks in the classroom with a range of task cards, a set of hand signal posters, and sentence starters for students to use in their conversations.
- Number Talks - Building Numbers Task Cards
- Number Talks - Three-Digit Addition Task Cards
- Number Talks - Multiplication Representation Task Cards
- Number Talks - Multiplication Facts Task Cards
- Number Talks - Multiplication Strategies Task Cards
- Number Talks - Fraction Task Cards
- Number Talks - Number Pairs Task Cards
- Number Talks - Hand Signal Poster Pack
- Number Talks - Sentence Starters Poster Pack
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.