A small group or whole class sorting game to consolidate the learning of beginning consonant blends.
A bright and fun teaching resource to help students understand the concept of blends.
- Laminate and cut out each fishbowl and set of goldfish.
- Choose a blend group for the students to sort.
- Students work in groups to sort the goldfish into the correct blend fish bowl.
- Students write the words for each blend group into their workbooks.
This teaching resource includes:
- a fish bowl and 6 goldfish for the following blends: fl, tr, br, cr, fr, cl, dr, sl, st, bl, gl and sc
- a teacher instruction page.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
- Word reading
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!