A small group or whole class sorting game to consolidate the learning of beginning consonant blends.
A bright and fun teaching resource to help students understand the concept of blends.
- Laminate and cut out each fishbowl and set of goldfish.
- Choose a blend group for the students to sort.
- Students work in groups to sort the goldfish into the correct blend fish bowl.
- Students write the words for each blend group into their workbooks.
This teaching resource includes:
- a fish bowl and 6 goldfish for the following blends: fl, tr, br, cr, fr, cl, dr, sl, st, bl, gl and sc
- a teacher instruction page.