Create a free account to claim your 12 days of Christmas Freebie.
A small group or whole class sorting game to consolidate the learning of beginning consonant blends.
A bright and fun teaching resource to help students consolidate their understanding of blends.
- Print out on cardstock. Cut out each fishbowl and set of goldfish.
- Choose a blend group for the students to sort.
- Students work in groups to sort the goldfish into the correct blend fish bowl.
- As the student places the goldfish into the fishbowl, have them say the word.
- When they are finished, have the students write the words for each blend group into their journals.
This teaching resource includes:
- a fish bowl and 6 goldfish for the following blends: fl, tr, br, cr, fr, cl, dr, sl, st, bl, gl, and sc
- a teacher instruction page.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Distribute these role cards to your students to assist them in performing their reciprocal teaching role during reading groups. The reciprocal teaching roles explained on the cards include:
- the questioner
- the clarifier
- the predictor
- the summariser.
by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Jun 19th, 2017
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!