A small group or whole class sorting game to consolidate the learning of beginning consonant blends.
A bright and fun teaching resource to help students consolidate their understanding of blends.
- Print out on cardstock. Cut out each fishbowl and set of goldfish.
- Choose a blend group for the students to sort.
- Students work in groups to sort the goldfish into the correct blend fish bowl.
- As the student places the goldfish into the fishbowl, have them say the word.
- When they are finished, have the students write the words for each blend group into their journals.
This teaching resource includes:
- a fish bowl and 6 goldfish for the following blends: fl, tr, br, cr, fr, cl, dr, sl, st, bl, gl, and sc
- a teacher instruction page.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!