A small group or whole class sorting game to consolidate the learning of beginning consonant blends.
A bright and fun teaching resource to help students understand the concept of blends.
- Laminate and cut out each fishbowl and set of goldfish.
- Choose a blend group for the students to sort.
- Students work in groups to sort the goldfish into the correct blend fish bowl.
- Students write the words for each blend group into their workbooks.
This teaching resource includes:
- a fish bowl and 6 goldfish for the following blends: fl, tr, br, cr, fr, cl, dr, sl, st, bl, gl and sc
- a teacher instruction page.
NSW Curriculum alignment
Uses a variety of strategies, including knowledge of sight words and letterâ€“sound correspondences, to spell familiar words
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Understand how to use digraphs, long vowels, blends, silent letters and syllabification to spell simple words including compound words
Recognise short vowels, common long vowels and consonant digraphs, and consonant blends
Identify the separate phonemes in consonant blends or clusters at the beginnings and ends of syllables
Australian Curriculum alignment
Use short vowels, common long vowels, consonant digraphs and consonant blends when writing, and blend these to read single syllable words
Understand how to use knowledge of digraphs, long vowels, blends and silent letters to spell one and two syllable words including some compound words
Segment consonant blends or clusters into separate phonemes at the beginnings and ends of one syllable words
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!