A 144 page comprehension resource pack to help students apply comprehension strategies when reading.
Using comprehension strategies is an important skill for students.
This teaching resource includes five comprehension task cards for each of the following strategies:
- identifying author’s purpose
- compare and contrast
- making inferences and drawing conclusions
- distinguishing between real and make-believe
- finding word meaning in context
- recognizing cause and effect
- understanding sequencing
- distinguishing between fact and opinion
- finding the main idea
- making predictions
- recalling facts and details
This teaching resource includes:
- a set of 60 comprehension task cards; including a text to read and accompanying questions
- an enrichment task; where students use their creativity to make a product related to each text
- question worksheets for each text
- answers for teachers.