A place value worksheet to use in the classroom with younger students when learning number stories and rhymes.
Use this teaching resource in the classroom when identifying number patterns.
Whilst completing the worksheet, encourage students to sing Five Speckled Frogs.
To use this resource:
- Print and provide students with a copy of each worksheet. (An ’empty log’ worksheet and a ‘log with frogs from 1 t0 5’ worksheet).
- On the ‘log with frogs’ worksheet, ask the students to fold along the ‘fold’ line, then cut along the dotted lines.
- Students then glue the bottom of the ‘log with frogs’ worksheet to the bottom of the ’empty log’ worksheet, so that it is sitting on top and completely covering up the worksheet underneath.
- As they sing Five Speckled Frogs, ask the students to fold down the frogs from 5 to 0, showing that there are no frogs left on the log at the end of the song.
- Alternatively, provide students with the mixed up five speckled frog cards to glue into the correct order onto the ’empty log’ worksheet.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!