A place value worksheet to use in the classroom with younger students when learning number stories and rhymes.
Use this teaching resource in the classroom when identifying number patterns.
Whilst completing the worksheet, encourage students to sing Five Speckled Frogs.
To use this resource:
- Print and provide students with a copy of each worksheet. (An ’empty log’ worksheet and a ‘log with frogs from 1 t0 5’ worksheet).
- On the ‘log with frogs’ worksheet, ask the students to fold along the ‘fold’ line, then cut along the dotted lines.
- Students then glue the bottom of the ‘log with frogs’ worksheet to the bottom of the ’empty log’ worksheet, so that it is sitting on top and completely covering up the worksheet underneath.
- As they sing Five Speckled Frogs, ask the students to fold down the frogs from 5 to 0, showing that there are no frogs left on the log at the end of the song.
- Alternatively, provide students with the mixed up five speckled frog cards to glue into the correct order onto the ’empty log’ worksheet.
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!