A set of 6 generic spelling activity worksheets that can be used with any spelling list.
This worksheet pack includes the following activities:
- Syllable Sort – sort the spelling words by the number of syllables.
- Phoneme Split – split the spelling words into phonemes.
- Rhyming Words – write two words that rhyme with each of the spelling words.
- Alphabetical Order – write the spelling words in alphabetical order.
- Word Think Board – write the definition, draw a picture, write a sentence and come up with a synonym.
- Parts of Speech Sort – sort the spelling words into nouns, verbs, adjectives or other.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Update of worksheet design.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 19th, 2020
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!