A set of 6 generic spelling activity worksheets that can be used with any spelling list.
This worksheet pack includes:
- Syllable Sort – students sort their spelling words by the number of syllables.
- Phoneme Split – students split their spelling words into phonemes.
- Rhyming Words – students come up with two rhyming words for each spelling word.
- Alphabetical Order – students put their spelling words in alphabetical order.
- Spelling Word Think Board – students pick a spelling word and then write the definition, draw a picture, write a sentence, and come up with a synonym for that word.
- Parts of Speech Sort – students sort their spelling words into nouns, verbs, adjectives, or other.
To incorporate into a reading or writing center, simply print out each worksheet on cardstock and slip each one into a dry erase sleeve. Using their weekly spelling list, have students complete each one with a dry erase marker.
Use the drop-down menu to choose between the PDF or editable Word version.