A set of flashcards and paragraphs to use as a sorting activity.
Use this resource to assist students in identifying different organisational patterns, including:
- chronological order
- compare and contrast
- cause and effect
- problem and solution
- advantage and disadvantage
This resource includes a poster explaining text structure, 7 flashcards explaining the individual organisational patterns, and 28 paragraphs for students to sort.
Ways to use this resource:
- Print a set of paragraphs and flashcards on A3 paper to use as a sorting activity.
- Print a set of flashcards on A4 paper and put them into a reading center.
- Print a set of paragraphs and flashcards on A4 paper to use as a small group activity.
- Print a set of flashcards on A3 paper and display them in the classroom.
The flashcards and paragraphs are in separate downloads. Use the drop-down menu to choose the downloads you want.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!