A set of flashcards and paragraphs to use as a sorting activity.
Identifying different text structures can help students comprehend a text more easily.
Use this resource to assist students in identifying different organizational patterns, including:
- chronological order
- compare and contrast
- cause and effect
- problem and solution
- advantage and disadvantage
This resource includes a poster explaining text structure, 7 flashcards explaining the individual organizational patterns, and 28 paragraphs for students to sort.
Ways to use this resource:
- Print a set of paragraphs and flashcards on tabloid paper to use as a sorting activity.
- Print a set of flashcards on letter-size paper and put them into a reading center.
- Print a set of paragraphs and flashcards on letter-size paper to use as a small group activity.
- Print a set of flashcards on tabloid paper and display them in the classroom.
The flashcards and paragraphs are in separate downloads. Use the drop-down menu to choose the downloads you want.