A printable template for students to make their own chameleon.
Use this fun craft activity with your students and make a pet chameleon!
How to Make a Moving Pet Chameleon
- Color in the chameleon and both sides of the tongue in colors of your choice.
- Cut out the chameleon, and then cut along the dotted line so that the mouth opens up.
- Attach the chameleon with tape to the clothespin.
- Attach the tongue with tape to the clothespin.
Creative Ways to Use Pet Chameleons in Class
- These clothespin friends are a great way for younger students to work on their fine motor skills. Use them as a brain break activity, having your students open and close them 10 times!
- Use these fun friends to jump on a number line when learning to add and subtract numbers up to 10 or 20.
- Your students will love using their new friends when completing clips cards in guided reading groups.
The opportunities are endless!
Looking for some clip cards to use with this resource? We’ve got you covered. Click on a resource below!
A fun, hands-on activity to practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
A fun, hands-on activity to practice syllable recognition.
A hands-on counting and fine motor activity for younger students.
A hands-on activity to practice initial sounds.