Practice sorting odd and even numbers with this set of cut and paste worksheets.
Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Are you looking for some odd and even numbers worksheets to add to your lesson planning? This set of worksheets involves the students sorting house numbers into odd house numbers and even house numbers. You might like to open a discussion to hook your students about house numbers in general:
- What do they notice about house numbers? (ie. There are all even numbers on one side and odd on another).
- Why do they think even numbers are on one side and odd on the other? How does this work? What’s the pattern?
This set of three worksheets progressively gets harder regarding numbers – great for differentiation!
Learning About Odd and Even Numbers
Understanding odd and even numbers is an important concept in mathematics. Here are just a few reasons it’s an important concept to cover:
- Helps develop number sense and a deeper understanding of the number system.
- Knowledge of odd and even numbers is essential when performing arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Odd and even numbers play a fundamental role in divisibility rules. By recognizing whether a number is odd or even, students can determine its divisibility by 2.
- Odd and even numbers form the basis of logical reasoning. Students learn to make deductions, predictions, and generalizations based on the properties of odd and even numbers, improving their logical thinking skills.
Download and Search Today!
Use the dropdown menu to choose between the editable Google Slide version of this resource or the PDF version.
Lisamarie Del Valle, a Teach Starter collaborator, contributed to this resource.