A fun hands-on ‘Ten in the Bed’ number rhyme activity to help students sequence numbers and count backwards from 10.
Use this resource in conjunction with the number rhyme ‘Ten in the Bed’.
Students remove the teddies from the bed as they count down from 10 to 0.
This resource includes:
- 1 x bed with dotted cut lines
- 1 x bed without dotted cut lines
- 1 x strip of teddies from 1 to 10
- 10 x individual teddies numbered from 1 to 10.
A black and white version of this resource can be selected from the download dropdown menu.
This resource can be used in the following ways:
- Print the bed with the dotted cut lines and the outlined strip of teddies.
- Cut the outlined strip of teddies, including the ‘pull me’ tab.
- Laminate the bed and the strip of teddies.
- Cut along the dotted lines on the bed.
- Feed the strip of teddies through the slit on the right-hand side of the bed. Make sure the teddies go under the blanket!
- As the number rhyme is sung, pull the tab so that the teddies slide off the bed, one by one, from 10 to 0.
- Print the bed without the dotted cut lines onto cardboard then laminate.
- Print the individual teddies onto cardboard then cut and laminate.
- Attach a magnet to the back of each teddy.
- Display the bed on a whiteboard and place the teddies on the bed.
- As the number rhyme is sung, remove the teddies from the bed, one at a time, from 10 to 0.
Cut and Paste
- Print the bed without the dotted cut lines and the individual teddies.
- Cut out the teddies individually.
- Paste each teddy onto the bed in sequential order, backwards from 10 to 1, or forwards from 1 to 10.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!