Discover the responsibilities of the President of the United States with a print-and-read mini book called “What Does the President Do?”
What Does the President Do? Presidents’ Day Activity Book
Get ready for another holiday, all about our presidents! We’ve got a load of new resources coming down the line for you to add to your list of Presidents’ Day ideas. Here are just a few that we’ve come across in our research.
There are many ways to have fun with kids on Presidents’ Day in the classroom. Here are a few ideas:
- Have a “presidential” dress-up day where students can come to school dressed as their favorite president or in clothes from the time period of a particular president.
- Organize a mock presidential election where students can campaign for their favorite president and vote for the winner.
- Create a timeline of important events and accomplishments of different presidents.
- Play presidential trivia games.
- Have a presidential biography day where students can research and present the life of a president of their choice.
Presidents’ Day Activities for Kids
Are you looking for Presidents’ Day lesson plans and activities? If so, you’re in the right place! Our President’s Day mini-book is the perfect tool to help your students learn about the duties and responsibilities of the President, as well as what it would be like to be President.
The printable reader is designed for elementary students and is perfect for first and second-graders. Each book page includes a short group of sentences and related images that will keep your students engaged and excited about learning. And when they’re finished reading, they can color to their hearts’ content.
Through this Presidents’ Day resource, students will learn about the roles and responsibilities of the president and the U.S. government and build skills in reading comprehension.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a teacher in Michigan and Teach Starter Collaborator.