Explore place value in 3-digit numbers with this place value mini-book.
Learn Place Value Up to 1000 With This Place Value Mini-Book
The teaching and learning of place value in 3-digit numbers to 999 is a fundamental aspect of mathematics education, and it plays a crucial role in a child’s mathematical development. A teacher has created this versatile resource to help students show their knowledge of place value in 3-digit numbers.
Students can use this mini-book to represent different 3-digit numbers in the following formats:
- as a digit
- written in words
- sequenced from smallest to largest
- as a picture
- in a skip pattern
- on a number line
- as tens and ones
- in expanded form
- with MAB blocks.
Reading and Writing of 3-Digit Numbers to 1000
Here are some teaching strategies to use when teaching children to read and write 3-digit numbers:
- Visual aids like place value charts, number lines, and MAB blocks to help students visualise 3-digit numbers is super helpful. That’s where this mini-book comes in handy, too.
- Concrete examples. Using physical objects like paddle pop sticks to represent hundreds, tens, and ones allows students to manipulate and understand numbers hands-on.
- Practise with worksheets – using place value worksheets and exercises that allow them to practise and show what they know about 3-digit numbers.
- Word form – introducing the word form of the numbers helps students connect numbers to words
- Expanded form – showing students how to use expanded form can further emphasises the place value concept.
Download and Learn Today!
Use the dropdown menu to choose between the easy-to-download and print PDF version of this resource or the editable Google Slide version of this resource.
This resource was created by Lindsey Phillips, a Teach Starter collaborator.
More Place Value 3-Digit Resources
We have you covered with a range of 3-digit number resources ready to download and use in the classroom today…
[resource:577344] [resource:577344] [resource:582375]