A 31 slide PowerPoint template to use when exploring place value to thousands.
This teaching presentation has been designed to explain 4-digit place value to your students clearly and engagingly.
The following concepts are addressed in detail:
- place value to thousands
- writing 4-digit numbers in words (and vice versa)
- partitioning numbers by place value
- using a numeral expander
- expanding numbers by place value
- writing numbers in expanded notation
- rounding to the nearest 10 and 100.
This PowerPoint includes hyperlinks to the following place-value teaching resources:
A worksheet to use to consolidate student understanding of place value to the thousands.
A set of place value cards to help students explore and expand larger numbers.
Use this set of dominoes when learning how to match 4-digit numbers written in standard form and expanded form.
Challenge your students to have some competitive fun with this partner-based rounding game.