A 31 slide PowerPoint template to use when exploring place value to thousands.
The following concepts are addressed in detail:
- place value to thousands
- writing 4-digit numbers in words (and vice versa)
- partitioning numbers by place value
- using a numeral expander
- expanding numbers by place value
- writing numbers in expanded notation
- rounding to the nearest 10 and 100.
This PowerPoint includes hyperlinks to the following place value teaching resources:
A worksheet to use to consolidate student understanding of place value to the thousands.
A numeral expander template to use when exploring four-digit numbers.
A set of place value cards to help students explore and expand larger numbers.
A set of dominoes to consolidate students' understanding of place value.
A fun game for students to play in pairs to consolidate their understanding of rounding to 10, 100 or 1000.