Draw, name and describe the features of 3D objects with this profiling template.
A 3D Shape Worksheet With a Difference!
Liven up your collection of 3D object worksheets with this 3D object profile template!
This resource provides students with the opportunity to explore the features of three different 3D objects of their choosing. Students must complete the following tasks to fill out the template:
- Draw a sketch of each chosen 3D object in the boxes provided. Alternatively, students can make a small model to be displayed on top of the template.
- Record the name of the sketched or modelled 3D object.
- Count and record the number of faces, edges and vertices that each object has.
- List some real-life examples of each 3D object.
Multiple Applications for This 3D Shapes Worksheet
This resource has been designed to make your life easier when teaching the concept of 3D objects to your students. You may like to use it in the following ways:
- whole-class review (via smartboard)
- individual practice
- homework activity
- summative assessment.
Choose the File Format You Prefer
This resource comes in a variety of formats for your convenience:
- full-colour PDF
- black-and-white PDF
- full-colour editable Word document
- black-and-white editable Word document
Be sure to select the file format you prefer using the dropdown menu next to the Download button.
Loving this resource? We also have a 2D shapes version! Just click on the image below for access.
A template that students use to demonstrate their ability to describe the features of 2D shapes.