Learn about soldiers and Remembrance Day with a group of six worksheets that build background and comprehension skills.
Remembrance Day Activities for Year 2 and 3 Students
Are you looking for things to do on Remembrance Day or Anzac Day? We’ve got a handy grouping of worksheets designed to help your students build background knowledge and comprehension skills while also learning about the roles and responsibilities of soldiers in the military.
A total of six Remembrance Day Day worksheets are included in the resource download, including
- Reading Passage – Reading range approximately Year 2-3
- Seven-question comprehension worksheet requiring multiple choice, short answer, and true/false responses
- Describing a Soldier Adjectives Worksheet
- What do Soldiers Use? Cut and Colour worksheet to identify equipment used by the military.
- Soldier Cutouts – Can be used in many ways, from making cards for veterans or decorating the classroom.
- Soldiers Can, Have, Are…Building Background Worksheet
Through this activity, students will show they can read and understand text, identify adjectives, and respond to questions about an informational text. They will also build background knowledge about soldiers and their duties.
The Perfect Anzac or Remembrance Day Activity for Kids
Build background, comprehension, and knowledge of the duties of our military service members in your students and witness a transformation in how they engage with the world of text. Our thoughtfully created Remembrance Day Worksheet pack is here to support you in creating an enriching educational experience that caters to students of all abilities and interests. Don’t let this essential reading comprehension resource pass you by!
Easily Prepare This Resource for Your Students
Discover more ways to spark curiosity and engage your students. Take a moment to browse through our related resources before you go.
Support your students in reviewing the vocabulary and concepts surrounding the Remembrance Day holiday with an alphabetical order worksheet.
Print a creative poppy art activity to use when commemorating ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day in the classroom or to teach students about mosaics!
Use this collaborative art activity to create and display in your classroom on Remembrance Day.