Assess students' understanding of contact and non-contact forces with this forces assessment for Year 4 students.
Time for a Forces Assessment!
Have you just completed a science unit of work on contact and non-contact forces such as friction, gravity, magnetism and buoyancy? Are you looking for an assessment to assist you in assessing how well your students have grasped these concepts? Look no further than Teach Starter’s forces quiz!
This three-page forces assessment makes a great addition to your science assessment tool kit! It contains a variety of question types and covers a variety of contact and non-contact forces, such as:
- Electrostatic force
- Tension force
Students are provided to show their knowledge through a variety of response types, such as:
- Short response questions
- Matching tasks
- Choose the correct word tasks
- Ordering tasks
- Drawing and annotating tasks
This worksheet downloads as a black-and-white PDF or an editable Google Slide. Answers are also included to make marking fast and painless!
Multiple Uses for This Forces Assessment
This forces assessment has the potential to be used in a variety of ways in your science classroom. You may like to consider the following:
- Knowledge Pretest – Assessments don’t have to occur at the end of a unit of work! Use this forces quiz as a pretest to inform and guide your teaching. This will help you plan which topics need to be given more focus during your unit and which you can brush over more quickly.
- Mid-Unit Check-In – Why not have your students complete the forces assessment mid-unit as a means of monitoring how well they are grasping the concepts presented? This could be done as a whole-class review, in small groups or individually.
- Summative Assessment – Use this forces assessment at the end of your unit of work to see how much your students have learned. You may like to combine this with other methods of assessment in order to gain a more comprehensive overview of your students’ achievements.
Download to Access This Forces Assessment
As mentioned above, this forces quiz downloads as either an easy-print PDF or an editable Google Slides version. Use the Download button to access your preferred file format. (Note: You will be prompted to make a copy of the Google Slides template on your personal drive before accessing it.)
As the worksheet contains an answer sheet, we suggest printing one copy of the resource, then removing the answer sheet before making copies for your students.
Save Time with More Forces Activities
We understand how time-pressed you are, and we are here to help. Click below for more great teacher-created resources to use when teaching your students all about forces!
[resource:5031496] [resource:3321358] [resource:3264490]