Use this template with your students to create a visual display of the different seasons.
Four Seasons on One Tree 🌳
This fun seasons activity has students colour the tree template in four different ways to represent the four seasons; winter, spring, summer and autumn.
The template is then combined to create a three-dimensional tree which can be hung up in the classroom or displayed on a desk.
Instructions for the resource are as follows:
- Students colour in one tree for each season.
- They then cut out the tree and fold along the dotted line with the coloured part on the inside.
- Students glue one half of one tree to another half of another tree. Continue to glue the trees together until they have formed a standing tree.
National Simultaneous Storytime Ideas 📚
Use this template during the lead up to National Simultaneous Storytime 2022.
- Create a family of trees with each student making a tree and placing their picture on one of the sides. They can write their name and favourite things on the other sides of the tree.
- Use the four sides of the tree to demonstrate four of the steps in the life cycle of a tree.
- Print the template on larger paper to create a small groups activity where students can collaborate and aim to re-create the tree from the story ‘Family Tree’ by Josh Pyke. Use colours to represent the tree at different points in the story.
Download & Print — It’s Child’s Play!
Simply download the PDF template and print a copy for each student. The template consists of two pages. The first page includes the instructions for assembling the activity.
Students will need coloured markers/pencils, scissors and glue to complete this activity.