A set of 18 match-up cards to reinforce measurement concepts of length, mass and capacity.
Make me a match!
This match-up game contains two different types of cards: picture cards and measurement cards. The picture cards must be matched to the exact measurement in order to make a pair. For example:
- the length of blank ant = 5 mm
- the capacity of a mug = 250 mL
- the mass of child = 20 kg.
One resource, multiple possibilities…
This versatile resource can be used for a range of whole class, group/pair or individual activities.
- Whole class – provide each student with a card, then have the students find their ‘measurement match’. For an extra challenge, make the activity a race, or ask the students to complete the task in silence!
- Groups or pairs – allow the students to use the cards to play a variety of card games, such as ‘Memory’, ‘Snap’ and ‘Go Fish’.
- Individual – allow the students to work individually to match the picture cards with the measurement cards.
Need something harder?
To provide a challenge for your more capable students, used the Mixed Units of Measurement version of this resource:
Australian Curriculum alignment
Measure, order and compare objects using familiar metric units of length, mass and capacity
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!