A set of 18 match-up cards to reinforce measurement concepts of length, mass, and capacity.
Use this hands-on teaching resource to review your students’ understanding of length, mass, and capacity. It would make a perfect addition to your collection of math and science games!
Make me a match!
This match-up game contains two different types of cards: picture cards and measurement cards. The picture cards must be matched to the exact measurement in order to make a pair. For example:
- the length of blank ant = 1 cm
- the capacity of a mug = 8 fl oz
- the mass of child = 45 lbs.
One resource, multiple possibilities…
This versatile resource can be used for a range of whole class, group/pair, or individual activities.
- Whole class – provide each student with a card, then have the students find their ‘measurement match’. For an extra challenge, make the activity a race, or ask the students to complete the task in silence!
- Groups or pairs – allow the students to use the cards to play a variety of card games, such as ‘Memory’, ‘Snap’, and ‘Go Fish’.
- Individual – allow the students to work individually to match the picture cards with the measurement cards.
Need something more challenging?
To provide a challenge for your more capable students, used the Mixed Units of Measurement version of this resource:
A set of 24 match-up cards to reinforce a range of measurement concepts.