Use this cute jellyfish craft template in the classroom when studying the ocean or when creating an Under the Sea themed display.
Jellyfish Craft for Kids
Did you know that the collective noun for a group of jellyfish is ‘smack?’ It is, quite possibly, the coolest collective noun of all! This awesome jellyfish craft template is one of the most fun and exciting under-the-sea activities you can do with your students at any time of year. Celebrate the letter J (for jellyfish, of course) or learn about the animals that live in the ocean!
Sure, you could just print out one of our other ‘Oceans’ themed resources, but this easy jellyfish craft will take your ‘Under the Sea’ classroom theme to the next level. The printable craft template includes snorkel, top hat and bow accessories that students can use to add a bit more fun to their individual jellyfish.
You can use the fun jellyfish craft template to create a smack of sea jellies on your classroom wall!
How to Make A Smack of Jellyfish
- Printed copies of the jellyfish craft template
- Colouring pencils, markers, or crayons
- Assorted materials for the tentacles, such as crepe paper streamers, yarn, cellophane, ribbon or raffia (pictured below)
Use this sea jelly craft template to create a smack of sea jellies!
Step 1: Colour in the sea jelly.
Step 2: Cut out the sea jelly, and fold on the centre line.
Step 3: Staple the edge of the top half of the sea jelly, leaving the bottom open.
Step 4: Scrunch up the off-cuts of paper to stuff inside the sea jelly.
Step 5: Use streamers, ribbons, coloured paper, wool or any other suitable material as tentacles.
Step 6: Staple along the bottom of the sea jelly and hang to make a fun Under the Sea-themed classroom display!
How to Display Your Students’ Smack of Jellyfish:
Don’t let your smack of jellyfish swim away! Try these fun ways to show them off in the classroom:
- Attach each jellyfish to your corkboard using thumbtacks or staples.
- Using clothespegs, hang them on a piece of clothesline or string strung across the room.
- Attach a piece of string to create a hanging display in a corner.
- Hang them from the ceiling tiles using string and a paperclip.
- Hang them from a net as we have done in the video below!