Create a beautiful poppy wreath with a printable Anzac Day craft template.
Engage Young Students With Remembrance Day Activities
How do we teach our youngest students about the sacrifices of those who fought for us and the importance of being thankful? It’s difficult to find resources for the little ones, so we’ve decided to help you out!
As teachers, we know that early years students struggle with understanding historical concepts, especially the history behind a solemn commemoration like Remembrance Day. That’s why we’ve created stories, songs, art projects, and craft activities that help young students not only comprehend the significance of Remembrance Day but truly understand its purpose.
Perfect for Remembrance Day & Anzac Day Crafts
Use this teaching resource as part of your classroom’s Anzac Day or Remembrance Day activities. We’ve included a pair of black and white templates that will help your students of varying ages and abilities to create something special for Remembrance Day.
- Children colour and decorate the template to create a classroom display.
- Children colour in each individual poppy, wreath, leaves and signs, then cut out each item.
- Ask the children to glue the poppies, leaves and the sign onto the wreath.
- Use the wreath to create a classroom or school display.
- Alternatively, use the poppies as an outline to draw on red paper, then attach to the wreath.