Use a story mountain template to help your students write narrative texts.
Climb Story Mountain To Discover Narrative Plot Structure
A story mountain, also known as a story arc or plot diagram, is a visual presentation of the format of a narrative. It is a tool commonly used to help students understand and create stories with a clear beginning, middle, and end. The story mountain typically consists of key elements that contribute to a well-structured and engaging narrative.
The template adheres to the following narrative structure:
- rising action
- falling action
How Can a Story Mountain Template Help My Students Write?
- It provides a clear and visual structure, helping kids organise their ideas coherently. It guides them in developing a well-paced and structured narrative.
- By identifying and working with each segment of the story Mountain, children learn about the essential elements of a narrative, such as exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution.
- Before diving into writing, kids can use the story mountain as a planning tool. They can outline key events and details for each section, making the writing process easier.
- The story Mountain reinforces the importance of a strong beginning, development of the plot, and a satisfying conclusion. This helps kids grasp the fundamentals of storytelling and enhances their narrative writing skills.
- While providing a structured framework, the story mountain also permits room for imagination. Kids can experiment with various plot twists, characters, and solutions within the structure.
Download and Print Your Structured Narrative Story Mountain Template
This resource is a breeze to use! To download your resource, click the dropdown arrow on the download button. From there, you may select the Google Slides, Word, or Printable PDF file you prefer. Download, print, and teach!