A fun hands-on game students can play to consolidate their knowledge of counting back by 2 and 3.
Use this board game when exploring ‘counting back 2 and 3’ number facts with your students.
A fun game played in pairs where the aim is to be the first player to reach the ‘Finish’ line.
How to Play
- Students select a counter each and place their counters on the ‘Start’ line.
- They then take turns to roll the dice or spin the spinner provided and follow the direction given.
- If they move forward, they must answer the number problem that the counter lands on.
- Correct answers can keep the counter in the same place. Incorrect answers move their counters back to the previous place on the game board.
An instruction page with a dice and an instruction page with a spinner is provided with this resource.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
- Counting Back 2 and 3 – Number Facts Board Game - Color
- Counting Back 2 and 3 – Number Facts Board Game - Low Color
- Counting Back 2 and 3 – Number Facts Board Game - Black And White
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
NSW Curriculum alignment
AdditionandSubtraction - uses a range of strategies and informal recording methods for addition and subtraction involving one- and two-digit numbers
AdditionandSubtraction - uses mental and written strategies for addition and subtraction involving two-, three-, four- and five-digit numbers
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
A spinner has been added as an alternative to the dice for each number facts board game.
Addition by Holly (Teach Starter) May 15th, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!