Teach your students about the behavioural, structural, and physiological adaptations of animals with an interactive teaching slide deck.
Step-by-Step Animal Adaptations Lessons
Are you on the hunt for something to help you plan out your next unit on animal adaptations? If so, you’re in the right place! The teach starter team has been hard at work creating new resources and rebuilding old ones to make them more engaging and efficient for lesson planning. To start things off, we’re excited to share our newly revamped Animal Adaptation Slideshow!
What Animal Adaptations Are There?
We’ve included a variety of slides and interactive activities to help you teach your students about a wide range of behavioural, structural, and physiological adaptations. Some concepts and activities your students will learn about are
- a tuning-in activity, where students brainstorm the features of three different environments, as well as the features of organisms living in those environments
- slides on adaptation, genetic mutation and the three types of adaptations present in plants and animals
- structural adaptations slides, including both a teacher explanation and an activity for students
- behavioural adaptations slides, including both a teacher explanation and an activity for students
- physiological adaptations slides, including both a teacher explanation and an activity for students
- Summarizing activity including multiple choice and true/false questions
Download and Print Your Animal Adaptations Lesson Slides!
This resource is available in the following printable and editable formats. Click the dropdown arrow on the download button to select your preferred file.
- Editable Google Slides
- Editable PowerPoint Presentation
Even More Animal Adaptations Activities
Before you go, make sure you grab these fantastic animal adaptation resources.