A 28 slide editable PowerPoint Template for teaching a unit on plant and animal adaptation.
This PowerPoint presentation includes:
- a tuning in activity, where students brainstorm the features of three different environments, as well as the features of organisms living in those environments
- slides on adaptation, genetic mutation and the three types of adaptations present in plants and animals
- structural adaptations slides, including both teacher explanation and an activity for students
- behavioral adaptations slides, including both teacher explanation and an activity for students
- physiological adaptations slides, including both teacher explanation and an activity for students
- summary slide.
All worksheets mentioned in this PowerPoint can be found in the Animal Adaptations Teaching Resource Pack. You might also like to use the posters and additional cut-out decorations for group activities and assignments.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Changed 'protection from prey' to 'protection from predators' on slide 24.
Fix by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Mar 2nd, 2017
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!