Five posters for forces providing an explanation and pictorial examples.
The posters include:
- Pull Forces – A pull is a force moving something towards you.
- Push Forces – A push is a force moving something away from you.
- Friction – Friction is the resistance of motion when one object rubs against another. Anytime two objects rub against each other, they cause friction. When we rub our hands together to warm them up, we cause friction.
- Gravity – Gravity is a force. The force of gravity pulls us to the ground. A ball will fall to the ground because of the force of gravity.
- Air Resistance (Drag) – A force that acts in the opposite direction of a moving object, causing friction.