Create a unique elf drawing with a fun dice-roll-directed drawing activity.
Roll and Learn How to Draw an Elf – Christmas Art Activity
As the holiday season approaches, it’s the perfect time to engage your students with a fun and creative activity that also helps develop their drawing skills. Directed drawing has become very popular in classrooms as they provide an opportunity for students to follow step-by-step instructions and produce a fun and unique piece of art.
Our Roll-an-Elf activity is the perfect addition to your lesson plan this season, offering a fun and engaging way to teach your students how to draw an adorable elf while incorporating festive cheer into your classroom. With easy-to-follow instructions and a variety of customisation options, this activity is sure to bring joy and excitement to your students’ art lesson.
Everyone Creates a Unique Elf Drawing
This resource is designed so that each student creates a unique elf drawing with the roll of the dice. Read on to learn more about how to use this resource.
- Roll the die. Match the number rolled to a row on the chart, and see which feature is in the ‘1st Roll’ column. Draw it onto a blank piece of paper.
- Roll again. Match the number to a row on the chart, and see which feature is in the ‘2nd Roll’ column. Add this element to your drawing.
- Continue in this same manner until you have all five elements of your elf drawn.
- Give your elf a name, and write it above your drawing.
- Write a narrative text that includes your elf as the main character.
This resource works great as a writing center activity during the weeks leading up to Christmas.